Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stationary and whatnot

So I sat down the night before the kids bowling awards ceremony and decided to make the officers (all ladies) a thank you gift. I had been wanting to try those dp paper coasters for a while and also make a matching pen for them. Then I started thinking again (crazy, twice in one night..its soo not like me) and thought matching notecards would be nice...and then, packaging. Well, I had kept the plastic boxes the PTI sets came in thinking they would hold note cards. Yep, they do, though my envies didn't quite fit. So here are the four sets I made. Note to self, don't wait till the last minute, especially when the Stanley cup playoffs are going and your team is playing it makes it so hard to concentrate. An example of the 4 different note cards in each. I tried to get a pic of the coaster/post it note holder/pen, but it came out blurry. The last pic has an example of full set.
And in yellow.
And purple.
And a coral red.
The whole enchilada. Each set looked like this, except the band around the box. After I did this, I looked at it and realized it looked better at the top, but couldn't move this as had used some really strong glue (wow!) The dp was Chatterbox rooms (2 sided paper of course, solid and print) that I had stashed away, I just matched it up with SU paper. Ribbon was scraps I had left in my scrap box, ink matched the Su paper.

No comments: